215 Fine Food Deli and a Switch Doctor


Our first documented Beerdegadventure takes us to Park Slope, Brooklyn, to the corner of 4th Avenue and Union Street, a corner store known as "215 Fine Food Deli." I wandered in during the last week of January.

(If you are wondering what a Beerdegadventure is, visit our intro post here.)

I had an upcoming Beer Zoom with a group of friends that have been virtually congregating every Friday night since April 2020, and we had an upcoming theme where we wanted to share and drink beers that came accompanied by great label art.

So, remember, I was looking for something new, something exciting, something unusual to share on the Zoom.

I had no idea what I would find, or if I would find anything at all.

Fortunately, the first official beerdegadventure was not a bust, when I spied this 6-pack at the back of the store:


I'm a big fan of Flying Dog Brewery, out of Frederick, Maryland, and have even featured them in a Tattoo blog crossover (check it out here).

So, as someone familiar with the brewer, I was surprised to see an unfamiliar label, the Switch Doctor, identified as a "limited release" on the Flying Dog website.


So, I grabbed a single bottle - one of the signs of a beerdega is they will let you break up a pack - and left with the bottle for $3.00 in a classic paper bag.


So, Friday came, and I cracked this delicious pineapple mango imperial sour on my call.


Needless to say, I was very pleased. The Switch Doctor has a nice balance of sour and sweet and packs an imperial punch with a 10.0% ABV.

And the label art was a great example of the work by Ralph Steadman, who is responsible for all the illustrations gracing Flying Dog labels.

First Beerdegadventure was a success!











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts